Introduction to Linguistics
Lecturer(s): prof. dr. Marvin Derganc Tatjana
1. Linguistics as an empirical science, defining the object of study, the data and methodology of contemporary linguistics.
2. Basic knowledge of phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics with special emphasis on Slovenian.
3. Language and thought (linguistic determinism).
4. Language typology and language families.
5. First language acquisition.
6. Introduction to language processing, psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics.