Slovenian Folk/Traditional Music
Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Bogunović Hočevar Katarina, prof. dr. Pettan Svanibor Hubert
• Slovenian traditional music as the focal point of folk music research in Slovenia and comparison with the characteristics and research approaches in other European countries.
• Various forms of the life of traditional music: from functional rural contexts to folklore ensembles, revival groups and arrangements in the domains of art music, jazz and popular music.
• Singing and songs, musical instruments, instrumental tunes and dances in time and space in Slovenia
• Continuum between traditional, art, and popular music, including the narodnozabavna folk-pop music.
• Project assignment of the chosen research topics that can encompass minority communities, issues in ideology and censorship, relationships between local, national and regional, rural and urban, vocal and instrumental, amateur and professional etc.