German society, culture, and literature III
Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): izr. prof. dr. Žigon Tanja
The course is divided into two units:
a) German society and culture III
b) German literature III
German society and culture III:
- Perception of the space of the self and others, stereotypes and prejudice, the relation between home and abroad.
- Historical overview (Austria and Switzerland), the meaning and influence of historical events on general developments in Europe.
- Historical and cultural development in Slovene ethnic territory in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries in light of events in the Habsburg Monarchy and the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
- Overview of selected events in society, culture, and arts (music, art, architecture, film, media, theatre, etc.)
German literature III:
- Continued overview of German-language literatures, exile literature, postwar literature, modern literature.
- Following recent developments in literature by reading journals, attending readings, guest speakers, television programs, and literary adaptations for TV and film.