Development Inequalities in Rural Areas
ECTS credit: 6
Lecturer(s): red. prof. dr. Potočnik Slavič Irma
- Defining rural development. Grounds for inequalities/disparities (endogenous, exogenous). Socioeconomic, political, cultural and physiogeographical factors that generate development disparities.
- Evaluation of structures (demographic, employment, agrarian), traffic network, system of local centres (services) for rural development. Developmental problems and challenges of peripheral and protected areas. Typology of rural areas. Case studies.
- Modelling of rural spatial structures in different socioeconomic circumstances. Trends of rural restructuring (function, apperance of rural areas).
- Problem regions, their development and criteria for defining: lagging behind regions, have-regions, have-not regions, conflict regions.
- Examples of non-sustainable rural development in various European countries and ways of managing them. The impact of the EU on decreasing of rural inequalities. Development, actual situation and approaches of national policy towards the overcoming of Slovenian rural disparities.