Anthropology of Symbolic Forms
ECTS credit: 3
Lecturer(s): red. prof. dr. Ošlaj Borut
1. Introductory lectures will be devoted to a critical presentation of the conceptual and methodological understanding of man in contemporary philosophical anthropology.
2. Presuppositions of the understanding of man as animal symbolicum (diaphora, symbol, symbolic forms).
3. Diaphoric theory of symbolic forms (religion and metaphysics).
4. Cassirer’s theory of symbolic forms.
5. Jonas’ anthropological artefacts: tool, image, grave.
6. Plessner’s theory of eccentric positionality
7. Symbolic forms and the problem of freedom.