Human Geography I
Study Cycle: 1
ECTS credit: 7
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Ilc Klun Mojca, izr. prof. dr. Krevs Marko, izr. prof. dr. Zupančič Jernej, red. prof. dr. Rebernik Dejan
• Human geography: development, main topics, basic terminology and methods.
• Society and environment: importance and limitations of natutral environment, human impact on natural environment, natural resources and economic development.
• Geography of population: distribution of population, natural dynamics of population change, migration, population structure, migration, population structure, theory of demographic transition, population policies.
• Geography of settlements: geographical research of settlements, types and internal structure of settlements, rural settlements, urban settlements, urbanisation and modern urbanisation processes, urban systems
• Cultural geography: civilizations, religious, linguistical and ethnic composition of societies and their impacts to societies and cultural landscapes. Social stratification and spatial behavior. Organized social groups and communities. State-organization and international associations.